Cristiano Ronaldo has been suspended for five matches for pushing referee Ricardo De Burgos Bengoetxea, following his sending off in Real Madrid’s 3-1 Spanish Super Cup first leg win over Barcelona on Sunday.
According to Daily Mail, the 32-year-old Portuguese forward has received a one-game suspension from the Spanish Football Federeation for his red card and a further four games for pushing a match official.
Ronaldo will miss the following matches below:
- August 16 – vs Barcelona (home) -Spanish Super Cup second leg
- August 20 – vs Deportivo (away)
- August 27 – vs Valencia (home)
- September 9 – vs Levante (home)
- September 17 – vs Real Sociedad (away)