The bodies of two missing Dapchi schoolgirls have been recovered by the Nigerian military during a rescue operation after more than 90 of them were abducted by Boko Haram insurgents from their school Government Girls Science Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi, Yobe State during Monday night’s attack, according to Reuters on its website on Thursday night.
Reuters’ report came hours after Yobe State Governor Gaidam Ibrahim told newsmen after he visited the affected families in Dapchi community, Yobe state yesterday evening that none of the schoolgirls was rescued contrary to claims made by the Nigerian Army that 48 of the kidnapped students had been rescued and were in their custody.
“Until now, we have no certainly that these boys (Boko haram) have taken these girls. We should keep praying so that God reveal the whereabouts of the girls. We directed the soldiers and security personnel to go anywhere the girls are said to have been seen and find them. I am together with the GOC, Brig-Gen Garba. His men went to places that the girls were said to have been sighted but, for the past two days, wherever the troops go, they were only told that it was a convoy of Boko haram passing through the villages but they didn’t see any girls.”