While Prince’s publicist Yvette Noel-Schure said he was being treated for the flu during his hospitalization last week, it is now being alleged the singer actually had a drug overdose.
The 57-year-old singer, who died on Thursday, reportedly was given a ”save shot” after his plane had an emergency landing and he was rushed to the hospital, according to TMZ.
Prince was only in the hospital for three hours and was advised to stay for 24 hours. After he was not given a private room, the entertainer’s team decided to have him discharged even though he was ”not doing well,” sources say.
The save shot is normally given to ”counteract the effects of an opiate” and Minnesota authorities have requested the hospital records from the Moline, Ill. hospital to help figure out the cause of death.
An autopsy is scheduled to be performed on Friday.