The Police Service Commission on Monday night July 4 approved the appointment of seven Deputy Inspectors-General of Police, DIGs, who constitute a new management team for the Nigeria Police Force.
In a statement signed by Mr. Ikechukwu Ani, the commission’s Public Relations Officer, the PSC said the officers’ letters of promotion would be dispatched in due course.
The officers and their new designations are:
1. Former Assistant Inspector General of Police, Mr. Shuaibu Gambo, now DIG, Department of Finance and Administration;
2. Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr. Joshak Habila, now DIG, Department of Operations;
3. Former Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr. Maigari Abbati Dikko, now DIG, Department of Logistics and Supply;
4. Commissioner of Police H. M. Dagala – DIG, Department of FCIID;
5. Emmanuel T. Inyang – DIG, Department of Training and Development;
6. Ntom Chukwu, DIG, Department of Research and Planning, Folusho A. Adebanjo – DIG, Department of ICT; and
7. Abdul Bube – AIG Force Secretary.
The statement added that the appointments had been conveyed to the Inspector General of Police (IG), Mr. Ibrahim Idris, for implementation.
A source said the seven DIGs were selected by the presidency and conveyed to the PSC for announcement.
This is a departure from the past when the PSC, as stipulated by its establishment Act, nominated AIGs and DIGs and sent their names for approval by the president.